Well sh*t, 2017 is halfway over. Anyone else out there in their early-mid-or-late twenties starting to realize time starts moving way too quickly as you age? Oh, the humanity.
Anyway, as many bloggers I admire and follow have done, I am posting a little update on my [terrible] reading progress of the year. I don’t always bring my snark into my posts, so just know that if you hear any when you are reading to yourself (or out loud if that’s your thing), know that the snarkiness is quite lighthearted – and that I’m just feeling snarky today. Here we go.
For Goodreads, I challenged myself to read 52 books over the course of the year. So far, I have read 12. That’s two books a month, which is terrible for me. I need to stop starting so many books and just finish them, gah! Here are the books I’ve read so far (an asterisk denotes a book part of my 2017 Reading Challenge):
- Chemistry Weike Wang
- A Wild Swan: And Other Tales Michael Cunningham
- The Handmaid’s Tale Margaret Atwood
- My Cousin Rachel Daphne du Maurier
- There Was an Old Woman Hallie Ephron
- Exit West Mohsin Hamid
- Jane Steele Lyndsay Faye
- Prodigals: Stories Greg Jackson
- The Perfume Collector Kathleen Tessaro
- The Secret Garden Frances Hodgson Burnett
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things Iain Reid*
- Vinegar Girl Anne Tyler
Here are the books I am currently reading:
- Poison Study Maria V. Snyder
- Whatever Happened to Interracial Love Kathleen Collins
- Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk Kathleen Rooney
- Pachinko Min Jin Lee
- Since We Fell Dennis Lehane
- The Little Paris Bookshop Nina George*
Is your list of “currently reading” long like mine? Or are you one of those pristine individuals who only reads one book at once? I hope you are gaining more ground with your reading progress than I am, and if you’re not, come on over here and wallow in the disappointment well with me! And either way, I hope you are reading this summer (and this year), because literature, learning, curiosity, and an open mind all seem to be more important nowadays than ever.
Link up to your progress if you’ve blogged about it, and let me know if we are reading, or have read, any of the same books so far this year. Now onto July!